The EOS Code of Conduct aims to:
- provide clear guidance on the company’s values and expectations while acting as a representative of EOS
- promote a common minimum standard of ethical behaviour, standards and expectations across the group, all business units and locations
- offer guidance for shareholders, customers, suppliers and the wider community on our values, standards and expectations, and what it means to work for EOS
- raise employees awareness of acceptable and unacceptable behaviour and provide a means to assist in avoiding any real or perceived misconduct.
When faced with situations that are not specifically addressed in our code we ask ourselves the following questions to assist us in determining an appropriate course of action:
- Would I be proud of what I have done?
- Is it legal?
- Is it consistent with EOS values, principles and policies?
- Do I think it’s the right thing to do?
- What will the consequences be for my colleagues, EOS, our strategic partners, other parties; and me?
- Are my actions transparent? Is there anyone else who I should make aware of my actions?
- What would be the reaction of my family and friends if they were to find out?
- What would happen if my conduct was reported?
- What would be the impact if rumours started with our stakeholders or employees that EOS was engaged in this practice?
- Do my actions put anyone's health and safety at risk?
The Code of Conduct provides further detail and clarity as to what is expected, with reference to policies, standards and procedures to help guide our commitments. It is a living document describing the behaviours we expect of you and what you can expect of EOS.